Monday, July 24, 2006
58 Things About Me, that you may or may not want to know
1. I saw "Titanic" 8 times in the theater.

2. I loved the "New Kids on the Block", and nursed a sad obsession with them from ages 11 - 14.

3. I never had a cavity until I was 21.

4. I had hair past my waist until I was 20.

5. My bangs were so tall in my 8th grade photo that they actually went out of the frame.

6. I have 2 tattoos, and I don't regret either of them.

7. My next tattoo will be a "lost shaker of salt", and no, I'm not telling where.

8. I love Laura Ingalls Wilder. I used to think I WAS her in a past life. And I might still think so.

9. My second grade teacher, Miss Wolf, and my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Dial inspired me to be a teacher.

10. I took gymnastics lessons from ages 2 - 10. I wanted to be a gymnast when I grew up.

11. Fall is my favorite season. I love shopping for school supplies and new clothes.

12. I once had a drink thrown on me.

13. I have been a bridesmaid four times.

14. I had my ear cartilage pierced when I was 19, and I'm afraid to take it out.

15. I've seen Jimmy Buffett in concert four times. (Now do you get the 'lost shaker of salt'?)

16. One of my college roomates sold knives. CREEPY.

17. I was a member of a sorority for a short time in college.

18. I paid $1200 for my first car, a dirt green Renault. I only had $800 and had to get a loan for the rest.

19. I am afraid of walking down darkened hallways.

20. I delivered my daughter with no epidural, by choice.

21. I think my teeth are too small.

22. I presently have 9 tubes or jars of Carmex, all stashed in different locations. I am addicted to it, and get really mean when I can't find any. And no, Chapstick will NOT do.

23. My lower back hurts a lot of the time, and I have a feeling it is from years of sucking in my stomach.

24. I am a MASTER SPELLER. I cringe at typos, and have an uncanny spelling ability. OMG, there had better not be typos in this post.

25. I am also the QUEEN OF APOSTROPHES AND COMMAS. I like for them to be used the right way. The wrong use of 'your' and 'you're' can send me into a frenzy.

26. "alot" is one of my pet peeves. It is two words. A....lot.

27. I always check inside my shoes for anything weird before I will put them on my feet.

28. My favorite carnival ride is the "Tilt-A-Whirl", but only when there's enough people in it to make it really whirl.

29. I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS. And they TERRIFY ME.

30. I owned a pogo stick and hula hoop and was very good at both.

31. I weighed 100 pounds at age 13.

32. I was a cheerleader in high school.

33. I went to prom 4 times, with the same guy each time.

34. I think I could eat 4 pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in one sitting.

35. The sound, or THOUGHT of the sound of teeth brushing, even my own, makes me shiver and break out in goosebumps. The only way I can control it is to leave the water running.

36. I cut the crusts off my sandwiches.

37. I've been watching "Young and the Restless" since I was 4. Seriously.

38. I know how to check the oil in my car, but I don't.

39. I have jumper cables, but don't really know how to use them.

40. I love to scrapbook for my children.

41. I love to decorate cakes.

42. I hate all seafood. The smell alone can make me gag.

43. I have a 16 year old brother.

44. I can drive a stick shift.

45. My first cat was named Misty. I got him on my 7th birthday, and when I went to college, Misty "went on vacation". I still cry when I think about him.

46. I feel very awkward and shy in social situations. I take a while to warm up.

47. I lived in an apartment by myself for 2 years.

48. I was a teacher for 7 years. I have taught Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and Preschool.

49. I like my eyes.

50. I know the alphabet in sign language, and I can do it fast!

51. I almost choked on a piece of hard candy while at the beauty shop with my Granny, when I was 5. Choking, me or my kids, remains one of my greatest fears.

52. I was Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary in my 2nd grade musical.

53. I once played the piano and the clarinet, and was always in the school choir.

54. I met my husband when we both worked at Silver Dollar City. I gave him free caramel apples, and he let me cut to the front of the line at the Lost River.

55. I got my pinkie finger stuck in the JC Penney's escalator when I was 5 and got 6 stitches.

56. I sometimes pick fights with my husband just because I'm bored.

57. I am a Democrat. Yes, I voted for Clinton, and yes, I am a Christian.

58. I truly believe that my babies are the most beautiful creatures ever born.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know about the "picking fights" thing. I appreciate it alot!!

Blogger Stacey said...

Shout out to 'anonymous'...I am computer illiterate and cannot figure out how to disable anonymous comments. Say your name!!!!! And I will delete comments containing "alot". Not kidding. :)

Blogger Stacey said...

OMG! Blog readers, where are you? Have I scared you off with my distaste for typos?? It's ok, I won't hold it against you! It's just my bizarre perfectionist tendencies gone out of control!

I'll even publish my husband's 'anonymous' comment, cause he thinks he's so freakin' funny.

Blogger Donna B. said...

So funny! I enjoyed reading them...not sure if I could come up with 58 things. You did a great job.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your list. I would have read it earlier, but I was distracted by something shiny. But what else is new?

The "alot" vs. "a lot" thing makes me crazy, too. So does the "you're/your" thing and the "their/there/they're" thing. Argh!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

We have a lot in common. I cheered for 10 years. NKOTB was my first concert. I love Titanic. Seafood? Hate it and the smell of it. Seriously, GAG!
There was some other stuff that we have in common too but I forget.
One thing we don't have in common? I'm a horrible speller.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer