Saturday, September 30, 2006
Ha-ha-ha
Saturdays are typically a Wild Child Free For All in our house. Something about both parents being home inspires our children to work extra hard at driving us nuts. It makes my husband very grumpy. It drives me to do a lot of extra housework to try to stay out of their way.

But G redeemed himself of an entire morning of naughtiness by presenting my husband with a sparkly and gold string of beads and instructing him very earnestly, "I need you to make me a yak nose with this, Daddy."

Yes, you heard that right. Why a yak NOSE? Where did he learn the word "yak"? Why with a BEADED NECKLACE? Why do four year olds say ANY of the things they say? Wouldn't you love to get in their heads sometimes?

At any rate, it was enough to elicit some much-needed hysterical laughter from the husband, and I may have wet my pants a little, and also screwed up the lettering on the cake I was trying to decorate (it's okay Lucy, I fixed it!).


9 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Stacey,
Thanks for adding me to your blog "friend list!" I'll try not to disappoint you. I'm going to update each day, unless something awful happens. In that case, the next day's will be extra long explaining whatever horrible happened. :) I wonder if G knows what a yak is, because I'm not sure I do. I always think that an animal I'm not familiar with must be like a llama or something, so that's my answer. Is it like a llama?

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Haha I totally know where you're coming from. Like, does the shape of a yak's nose and the desire to recreate it EVER enter your mind? The four year old brain is an amazing thing.

Blogger debi said...

You just don't know how much I enjoy you.You always crack me up and boy,there are days when I really need that. So gracias Stacey

Blogger Stacey said...

Lucy! I'm glad you liked the cake!

And OMG, you are right! A typo - in MY blog! Maybe my anti-anxiety meds are working TOO well! Hehehe!

Blogger SJINCO said...

If you can tell me what a 'hummer track' is, I'll tell you what a yak nose is.....hahaha, too funny.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever find out what WAS going through his head at that moment, you have to tell us, okay?

That'll make the pants peeing totally worthwhile ;)

Blogger Frema said...

THAT would be a picture I'd love to see. :)

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Haha. I was doing laundry this weekend (I know, odd) and Silly Girl kept calling the hangers, oh hell, now I forget what she called them but it wasn't anything close to hangers. I guess she doesn't recognize them as they are sort of foreign objects.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is what my children ALWAYS say when I read your blog..."Mommy, what are you laughing at?" By the way, your recent posts just sent me into a laughing/coughing fit that gave me a headache. Oh well, no pain, no gain. Love ya!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer