On the way home from Lamaze this evening:
Garrett: When you and daddy were little kids, was I a baby in the hospital?
Me: No, when daddy and I were kids, there was no Garrett and no Laura.
Garrett: Then where was I?
Me: With God.
Garrett: But how did I get to YOU?
Seth: Mommy and I made you.
*Insert furious elbowing and glaring from me to my clearly insane husband*
Me: God decided after daddy and I got married that we needed a baby boy named Garrett.
Garrett: But why did I have to be in your tummy?
Me: That's just the way it works.
Garrett: But why couldn't you just have asked SANTA to tell God that you wanted a baby?
Me: Hmmm. That certainly would have been handy.
Garrett: (getting frustrated with the whole conversation) But we can SEE SANTA. We can't SEEEEEEE God. GOD DOESN'T EVEN HAVE LEGS.
*Turn up the radio to listen to new Bon Jovi CD*
Garrett: When you and daddy were little kids, was I a baby in the hospital?
Me: No, when daddy and I were kids, there was no Garrett and no Laura.
Garrett: Then where was I?
Me: With God.
Garrett: But how did I get to YOU?
Seth: Mommy and I made you.
*Insert furious elbowing and glaring from me to my clearly insane husband*
Me: God decided after daddy and I got married that we needed a baby boy named Garrett.
Garrett: But why did I have to be in your tummy?
Me: That's just the way it works.
Garrett: But why couldn't you just have asked SANTA to tell God that you wanted a baby?
Me: Hmmm. That certainly would have been handy.
Garrett: (getting frustrated with the whole conversation) But we can SEE SANTA. We can't SEEEEEEE God. GOD DOESN'T EVEN HAVE LEGS.
*Turn up the radio to listen to new Bon Jovi CD*
Labels: Garrett
10 Comments:
Seriously Stacey this would have been a fantastic time for the birds and the bees talk. I'm all for the earlier the better.
ah, the wisdom of small children :)
He certainly is inquisitive! :)
God doesn't even have legs....ROFLMAO. Seriously, have you not put this child in religious class yet? BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Is the new bon jovi CD any good?
Oh kids, they are amusing aren't they? I love coming up with answers to their questions....
Inquiring minds want to know!
Wait until he asks how the baby will get out of your tummy...Hannah still thinks they are "pooped" out. bahahahahahahah! Am I such a bad mommy for letting her think this? I think not!
That is hilarious!!!!!! Why the hell didn't you just ask Santa???? Oh, if things were only that simple!
I can't believe that your husband said "me and mommy made you"!!! OMG, open up a huge can of worms why don't ya!
At least he didn't ask in a public place or at church or something like that. My cop out at school is "that's something you need to ask your family."
Oh shit! That's funny. I dread those conversations. Dread them. Mia, just last night, got on a "Why?" kick about the sun and why it has to go down everyday.
God doesn't even have legs. BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!
Post a Comment
<< Home