Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Baby Watch 07
Sorry to leave you all hanging for so long...believe me, when baby comes, you guys will know ASAP! I mean, you're talking to the woman who has written entries about falling in a puddle of vomit, her bra size, and numerous entries about poop. I would NEVER make you wait for actual INTERESTING news.

I just haven't had the energy to write a great entry...I hoping I will tomorrow.

Monday's doctor appointment was just too disappointing to write about, but here's the scoop anyway:

I gained two pounds in one week.

Baby is still floating up high.

I am still just a fingertip dilated.

For the first time in three pregnancies, I tested positive for Group B Strep. There was a minor freakout and some uncontrollable crying, but I'm okay now. I've been reassured by my doctor, my doula, and pretty much everyone else that all will be FINE.

And then there's my general complaining:

My stretch marks are stretching...there are actually tears in the skin. That's all you want to know about that, trust me.

HEARTBURN, HEARTBURN. Slept in a semi-sitting position on the couch last night, due to waking myself up GAGGING IN MY SLEEP.

Getting the mail sucks these days, also. The smiling nun on the front of the hospital brochure? She would like her money now. I've been informed, by form letter, that the hospital finance department "MAY OFFER A 12 MONTH PAYMENT PLAN". If they really think we can pay $800 a month, they have another thing coming.

In GOOD news, I am enjoying watching Delaney do tricks. I think I saw a knee the other day. Freaky. And cool.

Labels:



15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it is about time we hear from you lady! Ive been checking everyday!!! Anyway, I cant wait to meet little Delaney! You will feel better soon! Love ya!
Lucy

Blogger ~M~ said...

Glad to hear things are going good...well, as good as can be expected. Hope that girl makes her entry soon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tears in the skin? Ouch :(

$800 per month? What?!

Blogger Boliath said...

Hang in there, I'm with you on the heartburn, gag!

Good luck!

Blogger SJINCO said...

Stretch Marks suck, I feel for you. Mine started with the first and continued where they left off with the second and yeah, gross.

And I tested positve for Strep B with my second kid but not with the first, what's up with that!?

Hang in there, you're almost to the finish line!

Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, sista we are still prayin for you! Hang in there, you can do it! Stop by my blog an say hey!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Stretch marks can tear? Ouch! Enjoy watching Delaney perform, that is what I missed the most when Maegan finally got here. I no longer had that reassuring kick each day and I was really lonely.

Anxious for more news,

Carey

Blogger debi said...

Oh my gosh, I am sorry you are going through rough times. On the bright side, if you don't pay 800.00 (geez louise) a month they will not repo the baby. Also since this is your 3rd baby you just may do everything real fast at the last moment. I did.. It could happen. Well hell, thats a safe bet huh? Getting dumber better go.

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

I've been dying over here, wondering how baby watch is going. Can't wait (for you to labor and me to see pretty baby pictures!)

Also, at the end of Jack's pregnancy I had that horrible gagging/puking/thinking I was dying in the middle of the night thing! I had no idea it was common-ish. I hope it doesn't stay with you.

Hurry, baby, hurry!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Bless your little heart. The end of pregnancy sucks, it really does. And hearing that the baby is still high and you haven't dilated anymore all while the stretch marks keep stretching? Well, been there, done that. Delaney will come soon though...you've made it this far.

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :o) Sounds like you don't have long to go now. Hang in there! I can totally sympathize about the heartburn, I have it too :o(

Blogger Jennifer said...

I MISS YOU TOO!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD THIS BABY!!!!

Blogger Emma in Canada said...

$800 a month for a year? Once again, I am so glad I have given birth in Canada. (But if I used a midwife in my province i would have to pay, which is slightly crazy.)

I tested positive for Group B with number 3 also.

Blogger Jean 2 said...

I can't wait to meet little Delaney! :) She is going to be beautiful. And she will love me! hee hee

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuhhmmm.... where have you been? The last time you wrote was August 1st... it is August 6th.... Where is my phone call and where is Delaney? Im getting impatient.. you need to call your FRIEND!!!!!!!
Love you!
Lucy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer