The cake business is booming, at least most weeks. I've opened my own credit card account and checking account for Stacey's Sweets, and have ordered adorable new business cards.
There is talk of a cake shop in my VERY DISTANT future. Or I'll be back to teaching within the next five years. That is a blog for another day.
I got my second speeding ticket recently. I got a "break" because the cop's wife is a teacher too - he wrote "35 mph in a 25 zone" instead of the actual 37 mph I was really going. I was also accused of "having an attitude". And it cost me two cakes worth of money. Fun times! Again, a blog for the near future.
We're about to enter the annual Month Of Hell at the Crazy Mama household - my birthday, hubby's birthday, Laura's birthday, and our anniversary, all in the month of April. At least Easter is early this year!
I finished reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" and am now obsessed with learning about The Middle Ages - "Elizabeth" is waiting for me in my DVD player as we speak. I also bought "A New Earth" and "Pillars Of The Earth", but haven't started them yet. My mind can really only handle verrrry simmmmmple worrrrrrds at the moment, and both of those seem slightly intimidating to jump into.
My husband and I went out alone, to see a grown up movie! WHEEEE! We saw "Juno", and it was fabulous.
We're THREE FOR THREE on "Old Ladies Shaming Us Publically For Our Bad Behavior At Walmart" - can't WAIT to blog THAT one - you'll love it. Yes. I have been called out THREE TIMES now at Walmart by COMPLETE STRANGERS. Can you even believe I was allowed to have children? Um, maybe don't answer that.
I finally got SO sick of the constant toy disaster that I call a home (and Garrett and Laura's continual refusal to clean-up at night without crying, whining, and much dramatics) that I actually took ALL THE TOYS away, down to the very last Lego. I haven't taken the photographic evidence yet, but there are six giant trash bags in my storage room. I expect to make a small fortune at the consignment shop in the very near future.
And before you report me to Child Services, I did let them keep ONE small tub of toys and their play kitchen. Don't worry - they have found PLENTY of other ways to entertain themselves...
Our basement is flooding right this VERY moment, and I think the ceiling in the kitchen may actually fall in tonight.I'm an official soccer mom - Garrett had his first practice tonight!
Delaney's 6 month well-baby checkup is tomorrow - remind me to tell you why she will actually be 7 and 1/2 months old at the appointment. If you ever think I had it together (why would you?), you WON'T after you hear about that.
I instituted a behavior policy in our house, a-la-former-kindergarten teacher, which worked miracles for approximately 52 hours.
See how it's not working NOW? Witness: MY SON IS IN REALLY, REALLY DEEP SHIT.
In case you're wondering, the pictures above are Garrett's rendition of a soccer field (plus one train picture, thrown in for good measure, I guess) covering my ENTIRE BASEMENT, all done in BLUE MARKER. I was cooking supper at the time, and my husband I were both present in the house. I had just given the markers back three days ago (after the incident back in August where he drew on my brand new couch in red marker).
I have no words, people. NO WORDS (except for LOTS AND LOTS OF BAD ONES). But Delaney seems to know exactly how I feel.
17 Comments:
I am thrilled to find a new post here. And I am really sorry that I am laughing. Really. Maybe it's cuz I have lived parts of your life. The magic marker and Walmart parts for sure.Your cakes are AMAZING. I don't know how you do it.And that baby, what a cutie pie. They will grow up and alot faster than you are thinking they will. MIne are all gone but one. It went too fast. The bad days, they go pretty damn slow though.
The cakes look great Soccer Mom. Fab Gear! BTW I'm hooked on "Ace Of Cakes". You need to get some of what those cats are smoking. They all seem so mellow.
Weeeellll....you got to admit, it's a pretty cool looking train.
Hey those three old hags at WalMart, I'm wondering if they are the same ones that try "ease" their carts in front of me, careful to not make eye contact, while I'm standing there-politely, waiting for my turn at the prescription counter behind that big...fat..RED line on the floor, where it says, PLEASE STAND BEHIND THE RED LINE!!!
Garretts butt is going to hurt tonight! Gah. Maybe the flooding will wash away the marker? Just a thought. I love the picture of Delaney. Awesome about the cake biz. So happy for you. Send G to me for a little bit. I miss the little stinker, and it just might save his little behind for a couple of days! What has Laura been doing in all of this drama? Taking it all in for a later date? And did you really take all of the toys? I think that causes you more grief than it does them. Of course there is always the toilet paper for them to play with. Good luck. You need a bottle of Mommy's Time Out. A very good pinot grigio. Or margaritas. Soon.
Congrats on the success of the cake business!! That's awesome!
Um, I have no words for that either. And, since I am a mother, tell Garrett I will not be praying for his butt, but I will trip him if he tries to run away from you!
I am so excited for you and your cake business!!! I would honestly invest. I have faith in you and spread the word every chance I get. ;)
About Garrett...um...in your words..GAH. GAH. GAH. How in the hell did you keep from seriously hurting him? I have to know. I know you didn't...but where did you muster the restraint.
I hope Laura is NOT brewing an idea as we speak.
And Delaney-TOO PRECIOUS!
A cake shop would be so cool! :) Stacey's Sweets---I love it! It's a must, girl.
Hang in there with those kids. My kids do some crazy stuff too. Deep breaths. :)
Oh, Stacey, I soooo wish I had pictures of your lovely drawings; on the kitchen wall as I stood doing dishes (very stealthy), and on the green loveseat covers in ink, while I took a shower. I think I also found some small drawings in your room after you went to college, very well hidden. Garrett is brilliant, try not to punish his creativity, altho I know it must be hard to handle, but he does come by it naturally!! Sounds like it's time to come rescue him.... Love, Nana
Ah, Nana sheds the light on this little episode. He's inherited his artwork from you. :) And, yes, let Nana come rescue him (and Laura and Delaney too) so you can have a break.
Stacey,
It is 8:12 p.m. and not a sound is coming from the living room. Garrett and Laura are being angels. I believe the measure of a truely great parent is how the children behave when you are not around. I have heard more "please" and "thank you's" in the last three hours than I have heard in all of Maegans ten years.
Your children are wonderful and they are welcome back at my house any time!
Carey
P.S. You would be proud of me, I took a few pictures of Maegan's first babysitting job. I got one good picture and then Garrett ran for cover. Ha! I think he knows all about a camera.
Oh Stacey! First I have to say, I am SO GLAD to finally see a post from you! I check like everyday! Secondly, my dear friend... we need to drink. When do you want to have margaritas? Tomorrow? Call me.
You, my friend, are the BEST cake lady I have EVER seen. You friggen rock. I love the cakes. You will make millions with your cake business if you play your cards right, you are the friggen bomb!
Well, I dont know what to say about the basement... How is Garretts ass?
Call me. No.. I will call you. Tomorrow. Hang in there! :)
Lucy
I am LOVING your cakes!! They're awesome! I'm very addicted to Ace of Cakes right now, and think of you all the time.
I can't believe Garrett's carpet drawings - holy crap! And just because they aren't in my house, can I admit I think they're a little cute, too? I say this as I'm hearing Jack pop watercolor disks out of the paint set and throw them all over the family room. I just need to take five for blog reading, so whatever as long as he doesn't figure out how to turn on the faucet, haha.
Oh.my.gawd.
Did it come out?
Save the photographic evidence to respond to the snarky teenage "I didn't ask to be born" comments. Now your can respond: "yeah, and we let you live despite what you put us through."
You're cakes are beautiful! Congrats on your sucess!!
Wow. You win...:)
They never cease to let me down. My aide said she repainted her kids' room except for the closets. She couldn't cover up all of their "artwork." Yeah, I got rid of the markers too. Somehow though, he keeps finding crayons. My daughter decorated with an entire large bottle of baby powder and then proceeded to "wash" her brother's hair with the purell. I know I'm getting what worse than what I put my parents through. Can you imagine what Garrett's children are going to put him through??? Hang in there!-lm (p.s. I have finally joined the rest of the world and got internet at our house...how do I use it? to keep my 3 year old entertained and out of everything else that brother is getting into.)
So happy to see a new post!!!
And... O. M. G.!!!
Your cakes? Gorgeous! If you lived near me, I'd order from you. (And hopefully at a discount.. I'm just sayin')
I can't BELIEVE Delaney is almost 8 months old! That's insane... I remember when you announced your pregnancy!
And Garrett... Whoa. I can't comment cuz I just know my not-too-distance future is going to compare immeasurably. But that shot of Delaney? Had me peeing.
The cakes look great, the drawing with marker on the floor, not so much. So sorry things have been crazy for you.
That shot of Delaney is hilarious.
1. I love the cakes! You are amazing. Seriously.
2. Egads! I cannot begin to express my shock and
fury I would experience to find undesired artwork upon
my floor. I think that after I was done with the child my husband would have to have his turn at discipline.
3. What an adorably cute and appropriate pic of Delaney.
4.
Post a Comment
<< Home